Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Day in the Life: Some photos from my neighborhood and from my internship

So I know that I really need to write about my internship and what has been going on with that, and I have started. But it has taken me a while to get my thoughts straight on that subject and to figure out how to explain what I've been doing in English. So I will try to post that later this week, but for now, I took some pictures of the area around where I work and also of my neighborhood and I thought that I would share those with you.


The view when I walk through the gate to my internships. All those windows are peoples' apartments
The purple motorbike that is parked all the time in the courtyard.

That's my building, where I work everyday.

The houses that are in the neighborhood where I work. I think that they're absolutely adorable!


More of the same neighborhood...


A picture of an electric share car. Isn't is so cute. It's plugged into a thing on the sidewalk. I'm sure this is a trend that is going to catch on in the U.S. right?


An alley way, near where Nola lives. I took this picture before I talked to you about alley ways Mom. I thought that it you would like it. There was actually a model getting her picture taken while I was walking. She was doing all sorts of weird poses.

same alley way, I just thought that it was so beautifully magical

Two weekends ago, I went for a walk in my neighborhood. People call it Chinatown, and it is full of Chinese restaurants and grocery stores. Plus the Chinese-styled MacDonald's. It's everywhere!


This church is called "Church of Our Lady of China"...I thought the mural was really great.


I brought Miles into this neighborhood just for a quick walk as we went to the train station (yes I do have pictures from Miles' visit and will post them soon) and he was amazed at the change. One minute your on a street with bakeries and businesses, the next you are surrounded by chinese supermarkets and restaurants. He thought the McDonald's was pretty amusing. I'm sad that I forgot to show that to Eleni when she was here.
Ok, well I'm off to work now. Hope you all had wonderful Easters! Barb, I ate the Jelly Beans that you sent in celebration. Thank you Mom, Dad, Grandma Bonnie, Grandpa Ole, Grandma Elizabeth and Grampy for the Easter Cards. They were lovely and are on my wall!
Love
Liza

No comments: